This is an exciting stage in the school’s development as we have just embarked on a journey to become one of the most improved schools in the country.
This post is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our forward-thinking headteacher who is leading our school on a transformational journey. We have been graded as ‘good’ in all areas by Ofsted (June 2016) and pupils are beginning to make rapid progress in our purposeful and happy environment. However, we are not complacent. In September 2017, we developed and launched a pioneering reading programme, implemented a specialist teacher model and we introduced 20% release time for all class teachers. There are still a number of innovative initiatives in the pipeline, including Weekly Incremental Coaching and a full writing and wider curriculum review!
We are looking for:
- an ambitious, committed and dynamic leader to join a highly effective Senior Leadership Team
- a leader who will strategically steer curriculum design, teaching, learning and staff development
- a person who models and demands high expectations in all areas of the school from pupils and staff alike
- a leader with varied experience (different phases and school types)
- somebody ready and willing to deputise for the headteacher when required
In return, we offer the opportunity to:
- work alongside an ambitious headteacher
- work closely with a senior team that will provide vision, direction and strong moral purpose
- engage with a Governing Body, staff, pupils and parents who are incredibly aligned, dedicated and passionate about our school community’s potential to achieve remarkable things
- make a real contribution on the future of our school (particularly in curriculum design and delivery)
- a parent community with high aspirations and children with exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning
- work in a well-resourced school on an impressive site, which includes; multiple playgrounds, a school field and dedicated classrooms for music, art and DT, food technology as well as a library, two computing suites and multiple small group rooms
- rapidly develop your own leadership skills and undertake national professional qualifications such as NPQH
This role has arisen following the promotion of our deputy headteacher to headteacher. The position is non-class based, although is likely to include some teaching commitment. We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm!
The recruitment pack and application form are available from the TES and our school website: www.roxbourneprimaryschool.co.uk/vacancies-1. Candidates are warmly invited to visit our school. To arrange a visit, for a confidential discussion with the headteacher or to submit an application, please contact the headteacher’s PA on 0208 422 9207 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th April 2018 at 09:00
Shortlisting: Wednesday 25th April 2018
Recruitment Day: Tuesday 1st May 2018
Start Date: September 2018 or earlier if available sooner
Roxbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide references. CVs are not accepted.