Southwark Park is a dynamic, two-form entry school that endeavours to raise the aspirations and achievement of all the children in our care.
We are looking for someone to work alongside the Headteacher to create and communicate the ethos of the school, support the HT to make strategic decisions to ensure continued improvement. The post holder’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead staff and influence other stakeholders to believe in and support the vision
• Pastoral support
• Safeguarding – deputy designated person
• Strategic lead for teaching and learning
• Mentoring middle managers and supporting a task group
• Undertaking appraisals
• the inter-personal skills to manage a cross section of relationships
• the organisational ability to manage a diverse work load
• a sense of humour.
We are offering:
• a great working environment, a new building in a good location with excellent public transport links
• 450 engaging and diverse children
• 60+ staff with a wide range of skills, knowledge and abilities who are supportive, encouraging and co-operative
• A coaching programme that operates across the school to work with staff to improve the quality of teaching provision.
• A focused, hands-on leadership team who have a clear development strategy for the school.
• A strong commitment to professional development which includes a coaching programme, including peer coaching.
• Formal and informal opportunities to develop leadership skills.
To discover more about the school and to apply for this position take a look at the careers section of our website http://www.southwarkparkschool.co.uk/our-school/careers/
Visits are essential .
To book a visit contact Rifqa Ali by email on email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 21st April 2020 16.00
Interviews: Wednesday 29th April 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.