The Board of Directors of St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust in partnership with the Diocese of Middlesbrough and local governing body of St Augustine’s Catholic Academy
St Augustine’s RC School
Diocese of Middlesbrough
DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER
Group 5 ISR (5 pt. range between L16 & L20) Starting point depending on experience
Age Range: 11-16
‘We are a Catholic school where young people can grow in faith, are uniquely recognised and valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment’.
St Augustine’s is a successful, much loved, high achieving and joyful Catholic Secondary School in the Diocese of Middlesbrough. In June 2019 St Augustine’s joined St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust, a new and exciting Catholic Multi Academy Trust of 20 schools in the central region of the Diocese.
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Scarborough, our school offers excellent Catholic education for communities within Scarborough and its surrounding villages.
Consistently oversubscribed, our GCSE results are in the top 20% in the UK and our students leave St Augustine’s having made significantly above average progress.
Our Catholic ethos and values lie at the heart of everything we do, making St Augustine’s a wonderful place to work, learn and grow.
Following the promotion of the Deputy Head Teacher to become the schools new Head teacher, Directors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head teacher who is a practising Catholic and an inspirational leader, someone who working with the Head teacher will lead the school in the next stage of its mission.
The governors are looking for:
- A person who leads by example with integrity and honesty
- A person with vision, drive and ambition, who is passionate about the success of all children
- A strong and visible commitment to Catholic education
- A person with successful experience of senior leadership and proven success in leading improvement
- A person who will play a full and active part in the local community
We will offer you:
- Students who are enthusiastic and committed to their learning
- A school with a caring and genuine catholic ethos
- A community fully supportive of the school’s further success
- A Leadership Team, Staff and Governors who are dedicated, talented and highly motivated
- A strong and enthusiastic CEO led Trust central team
- An opportunity to shape the future of Catholic education across the new St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust.
- A commitment to CPD and access to wider leadership opportunities and career progression within the trust.
How to Apply
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Sandra Brown on 01723 363280 or email@example.com
Full details of the post, together with an application form can be found on the school’s website at http://staugs.co.uk/ .
Completed forms should be returned by post or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 25th September (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 2nd October
Interviews: Friday 11th October
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.