We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Catholic Deputy headteacher, who will develop and share our vision of high quality education for all.
We are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- is a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality
- sets an excellent example of classroom practice and demonstrate a clear desire for enabling progress and inspiring colleagues in raising standards
- is passionate in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
- has an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a good sense of humour and excellent teamwork
- can support the Headteacher in the strategic role of raising our standards of achievement both academically, spiritually and pastorally
- understands children's emotional and behavioural welfare.
Our children are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- can do magic tricks
- can tell good jokes
- will run extra-curricular clubs
- is friendly, fun and fantastic
- will help them if they do something wrong or don't understand something
- will make them feel safe, happy and is always smiling
- is strict but fair and consistent.
We can offer you:
- a positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith
- a welcoming and supportive community united in our desire to learn and improve together
- the opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of staff
- a supportive and committed leadership team with a clear vision and determination to raising standards of teaching and learning
- a well-resourced, happy and inclusive school
- personalised and ever evolving professional development opportunities to ensure that God given talents are nurtured and potential is fulfilled.
(Friday 27th April will be school based activities such as leading a Prayer and Liturgy, meeting the School Council and staff. The formal interview will take place on the Monday 30th April. Further details will be sent after the short listing processes)
Please note that all applications MUST be on CESEW application form. It is advisable to read the guidance before completing the form.
All completed application forms and/or supplementary documents must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before noon on Monday 16th April. Previous applicants need not apply.
St Teresa's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
Visits welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make arrangements.
Visit: Friday 27 April. Interviews: 30 April. The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 16 April 2018 at 12 noon.