Uffculme School is looking to appoint an inspirational leader, with a proven track record of improving educational provision and outcomes, to lead teaching and learning and on working with other senior leaders on the development of the curriculum across our three sites
Uffculme School offers co-education for children and young people of the ages 3 to 19 years from all parts of the city. Our students represent the wide cultural mix that makes up the general population of Birmingham. We are a successful school with a long and proven track record of providing high quality education for young people with a primary diagnosis of ASD. The school has grown significantly over the last seven years and we currently cater for nearly 240 children over three sites.
We require a candidate who has:
• Experience of working in a special school
• Experience of the wide range of profiles and needs of Autistic children and young people
• Experience of working as a member of the senior leadership team at a strategic level
• A proven ability of leading a team
• A strong belief that pupils who have severe learning difficulties and multiple learning difficulties can achieve
• The enthusiasm and commitment to always look for ways to improve their own professional practice
• A good working knowledge of assessment and data systems
• Knowledge of National Curriculum guidelines and initiatives and how these apply to Special School settings.
• A commitment to always making the pupils’ learning motivating and appropriate for the level of learning of every pupil in the class
• A positive attitude and a commitment to remain positive especially in difficult situations
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
If, having read the job description and person specification, you wish to apply for the role please send a completed application form to Roz Marston, Strategic Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to visit us prior to submitting your application, or have a discussion about the role, please contact the school. The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 13 April 2021. Interviews will be held on Thursday 20 May 2021.
The school is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees.
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years