Responsible for Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
The Langley Academy is a unique academy and serves the young people of Langley, Slough and further afield. Housed in an iconic building, designed by Foster and Partners, it is the UK’s first Museum School having a museum within the building and pioneering the use of museum learning. We aim to become a centre of excellence for sports, notably rowing and cricket.
You will be:
- An experienced senior leader with a proven track record.
- Experienced in systems, strategic planning and use of data.
- Able to inspire and enthuse students, staff and the community.
- A professional with drive, energy, determination and an aspiration to headship.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of pedagogy.
- Passionate about improving the life chances of young people.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to join the Leadership Team at a very good school and the benefits of working within a vibrant MAT.
- An incredibly strong, talented and committed staff team.
- A delightful student community.
- Strong support from the Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing Body.
See for yourself what an inspirational place The Langley Academy is: www.langleyacademy.org/videos/tlavideo2017.html
If you wish to be considered for the post, an application pack is available on the school website www.langleyacademy.org If you would like further information or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Sarah Friend, Human Resources & PA to Executive Principal on 01753 214468 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 16 October 2017
Interviews: Thursday 19 & Friday 20 October 2017
The Langley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to a DBS check.