The Governors of our very popular 2 form entry, 2 site school seek to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and innovative practicing Catholic who will play a major Senior Leadership role to help build on existing good practice and lead the school to its next level.
English Martyrs’ is a mixed primary school in the heart of Southwark with 385 on its roll. English Martyrs Catholic Primary School was judged Good by Ofsted in 2016 and is going from strength to strength.
The new Deputy Headteacher, who will be a clear thinker and strong communicator, will join the school with a real opportunity to shape the future strategy. Working together with our dedicated and talented senior leaders, teachers and support staff who are committed to serving the school and its community, there is a priority to highlight the unique appeal of the school and raise its profile in the local area. The person appointed will have a proven track record in improving outcomes for pupils through their own excellent teaching techniques, have demonstrable staff training and development skills and have a sharp focus on teaching & learning.
We welcome applications from those who can demonstrate how they:
- Put children’s achievement first and foremost
- Have a deep understanding of the Catholic faith and translate this into a strong commitment to the Catholic Mission of the school.
- Have a distinctive personal vision for a Catholic school, including current educational issues, strategies for strengthening and developing the existing links with the families, Parish, Deanery Partnership of schools and the wider community.
- Are creative, forward thinking and highly skilled with suitable successful experience in leading and managing areas of school development.
- Are outstanding in their classroom practice and achievement, and have high expectations of themselves, staff and children.
- Ensure children’s behaviour and safety are paramount
- Have a work-life balance
We offer the successful candidate:
- A happy and caring school with an ethos based on our Catholic foundation
- Friendly and very dedicated staff
- An inclusive school with happy, well-behaved children who enjoy learning
- Very supportive parents
- Continued professional development and a network of support from our family of schools and the diocese
- Very strong partnerships with the Parish, local clusters of schools, local community, Diocese and Local Authority
- Very supportive Governors
Please come and visit our school so that you can the positives for yourself and assess your strategies for the post of Deputy Headteacher before making your application.
We have enlisted HR partners The Education Network and ask you to make contact with David Stewart to find out more about the role and arrange your visit to meet Headteacher Mrs. Appah. David can be contacted on 07776 177 327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your completed applications to David no later that midday on Monday 15th May 2017
Closing date Monday 15th May
Interviews Tuesday 23rd May 2017
We look forward to meeting you
Hours per week: Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons, and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced CRB Disclosure and sign the CES contract of employment.
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School
Flint Street, London, SE17 1QD
Tel: 0207 703 4726