Nessfield Primary School
Nessfield Drive, Keighley, BD22 6NP
Telephone number: 01535 665628
Fax: 01535 210091
Acting Headteacher: Miss Nicola Thornber
Are you looking for an exciting challenge where you can play a key part in transformational change?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our new leadership team and support our children, staff and community in ensuring the best outcomes for all of our pupils.
The IEB at Nessfield Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated enthusiastic and committed teaching and learning Deputy Headteacher. Nessfield is a large Greenfield site primary school serving a diverse community, situated on the hilly outskirts of Keighley. Less than 3 miles from the Brontë Parsonage Museum and even closer to beautiful moorland, Keighley is a characterful, industrial town, nestled between the charming countryside of Airedale and the Haworth Moorland.
Nessfield Primary School has recently appointed a new Headteacher, starting in January 2018 to lead it and secure rapid and sustainable improvement on the journey to good. We are seeking a highly skilled leader of teaching and learning to support and work in partnership with our new Headteacher and lead the teaching team on this improvement journey. Into the near future, the school is seeking to join a Multi Academy Trust and dialogue to this effect has begun with support from this arrangement already in place. This exciting phase in the journey is forging new partnerships and creating significant opportunities for the staff team we are building at Nessfield. The school is working closely with the Local Authority through this transition phase.
Do you feel you have the skills and ambition to be part of our team and play a pivotal role in this transition and in the development of a teaching workforce committed to providing a high standard of education for all of the wonderful children in our care, if so we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you?
We need from you:
- Evidence of teaching that has led to outstanding impact on learners and their progress
- A strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and team work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Drive, ambition and high expectations
- Strong, innovative and creative leadership and management
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- A passion for developing innovative approaches to the curriculum
- The desire and passion to initiate, lead and manage quick and effective strategies to support the development of the school and have impact on pupil outcomes
- A commitment to keeping children safe in education
We can offer you:
- A school and community ready for change.
- The opportunity to help in the appointment of the middle leadership team
- High levels of trust and governor support
- A school that is forward thinking and moving towards an academy structure
- Motivated and committed staff
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post.
To download the job details and apply - please visit www.prospectsonline.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
Please contact Nicola Mansfield-Smith, in the school office.
Visit Day: Tuesday 10th October 2017
Closing date: 2pm Sunday 15th October 2017
Shortlisting: Monday 16th October 2017
Interviews: 19th & 20th October 2017
In line with the Immigration Act 2016; the Government has created a duty to ensure that all Public Authority staff working in customer facing roles can speak fluent English to an appropriate standard - for this role the post holder is required to meet the following Advanced Threshold Level: Express themselves fluently and spontaneously at length effortlessly. Explain difficult concepts simply without hindering the natural smooth flow of language. Take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of Standard English in School.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post