We have an amazing opportunity for a talented and experienced leader to join our Strategic Leadership Team.
The successful candidate is required to have proven experience at leading on essential areas within school life such as Pastoral Care or Quality of Education.
Our vision is ‘Powerful Knowledge for Global Citizens’. At The Telford Priory School, we believe that it is a matter of social justice that all students receive an ambitious, diverse, powerful knowledge-rich curriculum, that they are taught it well and work hard so that they truly learn the curriculum, taking it with them into the world. The second part of our vision is equally important as we believe in deliberately shaping, guiding, and supporting our students to contribute positively and productively to our world.
To ensure that we can deliver on the powerful knowledge curriculum we prize subject specialist knowledge and give staff the time and training to develop subject curricula and teaching expertise so that students can participate in the ’great conversations’, teaching them the knowledge and scholarship to experience the best in each of our subjects.
We are committed to teacher wellbeing as a genuine outcome of rewarding, intellectually stimulating work with no pointless or performative activities. We have no written reports, centralised detentions, and whole-class feedback as part of our commitment to a happy, satisfied and energised staff.
We look towards research and cognitive science to inform our teaching practice, and employ retrieval, expert explanations, lots of independent practice and responsive teaching within the remits of each subject specialism. We embrace a culture of continuous improvement and are constantly looking to improve our practice through staff reading, engagement on Twitter and blogs, membership of subject associations and attending conferences.
Our Global Citizenship agenda is at the foundation of everything. We believe that children must behave well in school and that systems and culture must support this. Excellent behaviour enables excellent teaching, but perhaps even more importantly, it allows children to be happy and feel safe in school, and to develop into positive, engaged, global citizens. Staff and students alike are constantly striving so we can ‘become the best versions of ourselves.
The successful candidate will be:
• A strategic thinker, driven by moral purpose and a passion for learning
• Able to demonstrate a track record of excellent leadership
• A strong communicator, enthusiastic and relentlessly optimistic in their approach
• An innovative team player with a passion for teaching and an ability to bring this passion to life in the classroom and around our school
• Knowledgeable about what exceptional behaviour and conduct looks like, and demonstrate a passion for managing and maintaining this excellence throughout the school
• Able to create an ethos where their staff are motivated and supported to develop their skills and knowledge
• Able to recognise the value of learning beyond the classroom and actively help shape global citizens by enhancing the understanding of the world we live in, value enrichment opportunities and be passionate about delivering a high quality extra-curricular programme
Further information is included in the applicant information pack which can be found on our website, www.telfordprioryschool.co.uk. Applicants are welcome to discuss the position further and encouraged to visit the school, please arrange via TPS.HR@taw.org.uk.
The Telford Priory School
Telford and Wrekin
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years