Are you an ambitious senior leader with a successful record of school improvement?
Are you looking for a new challenge that will prepare you for headship?
Could you be our next Deputy Headteacher?
Urmston Grammar is a high performing, co-educational 11 - 18 selective school, judged OUTSTANDING in our last OFSTED inspection.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who is a dynamic, inspirational leader; committed to securing the highest standards of learning, teaching and leadership within our school. We want an ambitious senior leader who wants to develop a range of different experiences to prepare them for headship.
This is an exciting time to join our school as the Senior Leadership Team is being re-organised as a result of the retirement of several key senior staff. This post provides an opportunity to work with highly motivated students in a very successful school. We are determined to build on our achievements and continue to improve our attainment and progress at all key stages. Your role will be to work closely with the Headteacher as we move into the next phase of our school improvement journey.
The successful candidate will:
- promote and support the vision and direction of Urmston Grammar by providing the day-to-day leadership and management of several key areas;
- ensure that students are safe, and their wellbeing is central to all decisions;
- be a credible, inspiring leader who will have a high profile in and around school, and with key stakeholders;
- motivate staff and students to give their very best and prepare our young people for life beyond school;
- support the work of the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team to build success and continue to provide high-quality education for all our students.
Applicants must have significant senior leadership experience. They must demonstrate a commitment to delivering high-quality teaching and learning and to promoting outstanding progress and attainment for all.
If you would like to speak to our Principal informally or visit the school prior to submitting your application, please contact Mrs Sarah Weems, Principal’s PA on 0161 748 2875.
Applicants are asked to submit an application form via the TES website, which should include a supporting statement to the Principal.
Closing date for applications: 12:00 noon, Monday 27th January 2020.