We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who is ambitious for children. A skilled and confident teacher and leader to be based on one school site, working as part of a wider leadership team in a highly successful three school collaboration.
Our schools are based in Hackney, East London with convenient transport links to wider London. We have been in partnership since January 2012 and are now a hard federation with a joint Governing Body. We have a joint pupil roll of over 1350 pupils and all three schools are graded 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted. Our pupils achieve well above national averages despite being in areas of challenge. We look to create exciting and innovative opportunities for children to be successful and enjoy learning and also look to share ideas of best practice with other schools.
We are seeking a new Deputy Headteacher to build capacity and offer new expertise to our senior leadership team. First and foremost we are looking for someone who is confident, knowledgeable and who has the passion, energy and skill to make a difference. This post will be based on one school site with responsibility for teaching, learning, standards and assessment but also involve the opportunity to work with staff across the partnership. We take our role in raising the aspirations of our children and meeting the ambitions of our staff very seriously and can offer coaching, mentoring and support to ensure your success.
We are particularly interested in hearing from excellent teachers who can demonstrate impact on the practice of others.
In particular we are looking for someone who:
- Is a confident and inspiring teacher with high expectations of what can be achieved.
- Understands how children learn best and never gives up on them
- Is flexible with a good sense of humour and an understanding of the bigger picture.
- Can effectively coach, mentor and work alongside others.
- Understands the communities that we serve and is tough enough to cope with the challenges that a fast paced inner city school can bring.
- Is a thinker and innovator who can take risks to make a project their own.
- Is a strong communicator, able to work in a dynamic team
We can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to lead and make a difference
- High quality CPD and support from our experienced leadership team including coaching and
- mentoring to make sure that you are successful
- An exciting, well organised and vibrant environment in which to work
- Happy schools with a fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
- Opportunities to work with our partner schools and partner deputy headteachers to develop
- our curriculum offer.
Please download our application pack for more information.