Gatton Primary School is inviting applications from highly motivated senior leaders to take up the post of Deputy Head. The post holder will work closely with the Headteacher to build on the current successes of the school.
Gatton is an outstanding school, part way through expansion to three full forms of entry. We are looking for a creative individual who has the energy to take on new challenges and continue with our forward momentum. Applicants with senior leadership experience and high expectations who seek to promote the full potential of every child are invited to apply.
This is a non-class based position. There are a range of responsibilities attached to the post including: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, line management of TAs and leadership of behaviour, inclusion and EYFS.
The Deputy Headteacher will:
- Be a practising Muslim or a person who is committed to affirming and developing the Islamic ethos of the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice
- Have the experience, professionalism and determination to deliver the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Contribute to maintaining a caring, inclusive environment
- Be highly motivated with proven leadership skills
- Have excellent management and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, challenge and inspire staff and children
- An outstanding professional opportunity, working with an experienced Headteacher in an outstanding school
- A caring school where everyone is valued and supported
- Highly effective, hardworking staff and governing body
- A modern building with excellent facilities including a large gym and swimming pool
- Well behaved, caring pupils who are, positive and enthusiastic about their learning
- Excellent partnership working with parents, local schools and organisations
Further information about the school is available in the candidate brochure. Visits to the school are encouraged. You are assured of a warm welcome.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/ or from the school website, www.gatton.wandsworth.sch.uk.
Alternatively for further information or an application pack, please contact Ms Shazia Nabi at the number below or via email email@example.com
Completed Gatton school application should be returned to the school either by email, post or fax.
Closing Date: 19 January 2018 (at noon)
shortlisting: 19 January 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 22 January 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Gatton Primary School, Al Risalah Trust
13e Broadwater Road, London SW17 0DS
Head teacher: Iffat Fariduddin
Phone: 020 8682 5570, Fax: 020 8682 5576
Group 3, Number on Roll 480, age 4-11