Greenmead School is an Outstanding (September 2016) special school for primary children with complex physical disabilities, SLD and PMLD.
We are excited to welcome a deputy headteacher at a time of inspirational change for our school. We have just moved into a modern, state of the art, purpose built building co-located with a local Outstanding primary school. We have high expectations for our pupils with a ‘can do’ attitude using a range of specialist approaches suited to individual needs. We work in close partnership with parents, a multi-agency team and have a team of committed and enthusiastic staff who all bring a range of expertise to ensure that our pupils get the very best care and education they deserve.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational deputy headteacher who will play a vital role in bringing with them experience and expertise in SLD/PMLD education to ensure that we continue to be Outstanding in all that we do. The new role will also play a vital role in initiating and leading on inclusive activities with our co-located primary school so that both sets of pupils are able to learn and play together where appropriate.
The role of the deputy headteacher is a perfect opportunity for an experienced school leader who is ready for an opportunity to be a part of an innovative way of working.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to meeting the individual learning needs of our diverse group of pupils
- Committed to implementing and sharing the ownership of the strategic direction and vision of the school
- Passionate about working in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Highly skilled at identifying school improvement priorities and strategically planning for its’ development
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who can lead by example and support the further development of our already highly skilled teaching team
- Self-motivated, dynamic and has the ability to both challenge and support colleagues
To apply for this role please click on the apply button at the bottom of the advert.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th October 2017
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please call 0208 789 1466 to arrange a visit with our headteacher.
An information pack including Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded from the advert and for further details please contact Toni Edmonds-Smith on email@example.com
Wandsworth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to DBS checks. CVs are not accepted.