We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, Deputy Headteacher from September 2018, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Progress 8 results place us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will be:
- A successful leader with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- A strategic thinker who will inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
- Committed to teamwork and collaboration, demonstrating high expectations of achievement and learning
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
Given the flexibility within the current team, responsibilities for the new post holder are negotiable and could be based around teaching/learning, curriculum or pupil development responsibilities.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates.
The closing date for applications is 10am, Monday 22 January 2018. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received by the school and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible.
An application form and further details may be downloaded from the “Work at The Weald” page (Teaching Vacancies) on our website www.theweald.org.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.