Due to the expansion of our school and college we are looking to recruit an exceptional, motivated and inspirational individual with a proven track record of successful school leadership, especially in the field of special educational needs.
Castledon School is the designated autism hub for the South of Essex. Our pupils all have moderate or severe learning difficulties with additional needs such as ASD, SLCN or ADHD.
The school and college operate on two sites next to each other and provide for 222 pupils (Year 1 to 14). The school benefits from a range of specialist facilities as well as its own speech and language therapist whose role is to support staff with the communication needs of all pupils.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher to support with behaviour, safety and additional needs for the school.
- Behaviour, safety and additional needs for the school
- Autism and additional needs - leading the autism hub remit for the South of Essex
Please see school website for both job descriptions.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
· maintain existing high standards in leadership and management
· promote excellence, equality and high expectations for all pupils
· inspire, challenge and enthuse the staff team
· sustain our commitment to working positively with families
· creatively promote partnerships and collaborative working
In return we can offer:
· an exciting professional development opportunity
· enthusiastic, engaging pupils who enjoy learning
· dedicated, talented and experienced staff team
· welcoming, safe and inclusive learning environment
· committed governors
· a multi disciplinary team to support pupils learning, health and welfare needs
Visits to the school by interested applicants will be warmly welcomed and appointments should be made directly with the school. Application packs are available and returnable to Sandy Tucker at the school Tel 01268 761252.
Castledon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
Closing date is midnight on 20th May 2018
Shortlisting on 21st May 2018
Interviews to be held on 23rd May 2018