Due to the promotion of the current post holder to the position of Headteacher, we are seeking to appoint a sole Deputy Headteacher from April or September 2021.
We require an enthusiastic and passionate individual with experience of leadership who is academically able, inspirational and dynamic, with the vision and commitment to contribute to the Leadership Team of our School. You will have specific responsibility for the development and management of the quality of education including teaching and learning, quality assurance, curriculum intent and implementation, and continued professional development.
Key attributes for the post include:
- Leadership experience, vision and ability to drive forward change
- A passion for working with young people and offering them the breadth of opportunity and aspirations to excel
- The ability to motivate and inspire those around you
- Proven track record of impacting positively on standards
- A partnership approach to working with staff, students and parents
- Enthusiasm for educational improvement and life-long learning
- The skill to innovate and embrace new initiatives
- A reflective practitioner with excellent organisational skills
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of exceptional teaching and learning for all
West Kirby Grammar School is an outstanding selective girls’ grammar school with boys admitted into the Sixth Form. Academic standards are exceptional and extra-curricular provision enriches the lives of students.
Informal visits to the School will be managed in line with national restrictions. If you would like to visit the school, please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Sara Owen (email@example.com) to book a time.
How to Apply
Complete the application form and supply a letter, of no more than two sides, explaining why you wish to join our Leadership Team and what skills and experience you can bring to the School. Please also include a review of one curriculum initiative you have successfully introduced at your current school.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org are very welcome.
Closing date: 2pm on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
Interview date: w/c Monday 25 January 2021.
WKGS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
West Kirby Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years