Kingsford Community School is a vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students and has excellent facilities in all subject areas. The School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom over seventy per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and is rated by Ofsted as
Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Deputy Learning Area Leader for European and Community Languages Learning Area. The successful candidate will have a passion for the learning and teaching of languages, have a proven track record in ensuring excellent academic and other pupil outcomes, the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills and a commitment to raising standards of attainment and rates of progress.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
• Can lead staff within the Learning Area in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive school with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment for excellent pupil progress.
• Has a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in European and Community Languages GCSE examinations.
• Can provide leadership, innovation and direction in the learning and teaching of European and Community Languages.
• Will develop a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the Learning Area.
• Has the ability to create and plan a European and Community Languages curriculum that will develop pupil’s skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning.
• Is skilled at fostering independent and collaborative student-led learning.
• Has experience of effective teaching and supporting pupils with a range of SEN, Behavioural and Academic needs.
We can offer:
• A committed and successful Learning Area Team
• Encouragement for innovation and creativity
• A supportive and collaborative environment and the opportunity to achieve significant career development as you prepare for further promotion.
Previous experience in a similar role is necessary. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be considered for the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The closing date for applications is on Thursday 25th February 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Interviews will be held shortly thereafter via Microsoft Teams. Those shortlisted for interview will be required to provide a lesson plan for consideration by the panel.
For Application forms or for any further enquiries regarding these posts, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or please email Rebecca Todd, Deputy Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 7476 4700, ext. 410.
Kingsford Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Kingsford Community School, located in Beckton, Newham, is a co-educational secondary school. It is a non-denominational establishment for children aged between 11 and 16 years of age. At present, there are around 1,500 students being educated at the...