This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1,500 students has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom fifty per cent are multilingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and was rated by Ofsted in 2017 as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Deputy Learning Area Leader for the Modern Foreign Languages Learning Area. The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and teaching French (essential) Spanish (desirable), have a proven track record in ensuring excellent academic and other pupil outcomes, the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills and a commitment to raising standards of attainment and rates of progress.
For this teaching post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
- Has a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in GCSE examinations.
- Can provide leadership, innovation and direction in the learning and teaching of Languages.
- Can lead staff within the Learning Area in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive school with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment for excellent pupil progress.
- Will develop a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the Learning Area.
- Has the ability to create and plan a Languages curriculum that will develop pupil’s skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning.
- Is skilled at fostering independent and collaborative student-led learning.
- Has experience of representing and supporting pupils with a range of SEN, Behavioural and Academic needs.
We can offer:
- A committed and successful Learning Area Team in the subjects of French, Mandarin and Spanish as part of our core curriculum offer at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- Encouragement for innovation and creativity
- A supportive and collaborative environment and the opportunity to achieve significant career development as you prepare for further promotion.
Previous experience of a role in an educational setting is essential. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy please email the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or telephone 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is 9.00a.m. on. Friday 22nd June 2018.