This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role contributing to the strategic vision and planning for Westminster Under School.
As Deputy Master, you will be responsible for a full range of academic, pastoral and administrative matters. You will also be expected to be involved fully in all aspects of school life. In particular, your duties will include:
- Deputising for the Master, especially in his absence
- Being responsible for the weekly and day-to-day planning and organisation required to ensure the smooth running of the School
- Meeting regularly with the Master and being involved in whole-school planning and development
- Attending meetings of the Governing Body’s Under School Committee
- Overseeing staff induction, both teaching and ancillary
- Leading the professional development and review process
About the School
Westminster Under School has been in existence since 1943, providing an independent preparatory education for boys aged 7 to 13. Our high-ability pupils benefit from the principles and practices of a liberal education and are at the very core of our existence. These include a love of knowledge, an ability to question and a desire to serve others.
Since 1981, the Under School has been situated in Vincent Square, Westminster, overlooking the School’s playing fields. Our central London location is a huge asset, adding a significant cultural dimension to the education of our 285 boys.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31 July 2019.
Interviews will take place: w/c 8 September 2019.
Westminster Under School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.