Due to the retirement of Mrs Kerry Honey, after many years of outstanding service to the school, we are seeking a Deputy Principal who will lead the TEMIS Early Learning Center (ELC) and work closely with the Principal of TEMIS to manage teaching and learning.
The Deputy Principal will take responsibility for an existing, highly successful program. He / she will continue to develop an educational environment that is centered on play-based learning through our Early Years Program which has its foundations in the Reggio Emilia approach.
• A Bachelor's Degree with a qualification in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in an Early Years setting.
• A minimum of 5 year leadership experience
• A sound understanding of Early Years curriculum development including play-based learning and the Reggio Emilia Approach
• Experience monitoring the work of teachers and the ability to provide effective feedback leading to improvement
• Previous international experience would be advantageous
• A highly proficient level of English
• The ability to demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance
This position offers an employment package commensurate with the responsibilities of the role as per the IEA terms and conditions. It attracts a salary in the vicinity of AU$160,000, and an End of Employment Gratuity (20% of salary), free housing, utilities, medical insurance, school fees (where applicable) a car allowance and annual leave fares to the point of hire.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will commence duties at the start of Term 3, 15 July 2019.
Interested parties should send a letter of application, a CV and the contact details of three referees to: The Principal, Peter Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 May 2019