Deputy School Business & Finance Manager
‘An Outstanding Roman Catholic School’ – Section 48 Inspection , May 2019
Scale PO1 £35,949.00 - £37,491.00 per annum
36 hours per week
To start as soon as possible
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Deputy School Business Manager to join this Catholic 11 – 18 comprehensive school judged “Good” by Ofsted in May 2017 and “Outstanding” by the Archdiocese of Southwark in 2019.
It is an exciting and varied role. The successful candidate will have experience of delivering an outstanding site and facilities management service. They will be responsible for managing the site and lettings. They will also be required to support the School Business Manager with aspects of HR and Finance as will act as the school’s GDPR role.
The role also involves managing key support staff and external contractors. Experience of working within a busy office environment and excellent communication skills are essential. Also, being able to work flexibly and meet constantly changing priorities is essential. Previous educational experience is not essential – a willingness to learn and develop is!
The successful candidate will receive a full programme of CPD. You will require:
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to the post
• Good general Finance and HR knowledge
• Good ICT Skills
• Experience of overseeing maintenance jobs and projects
• Recognised training/qualifications associated with premises management
• Ability to manage people directly and indirectly
• Ability to gather information, analyse data and problem solve
• Good communication skills (oral and written) and numeracy skills
• Proficient administrative and IT skills including use of email, Word and Excel
If you would like to discuss the post further please contact Ms Makeda Griffith, Business & Finance Manager via the main school telephone number or email email@example.com.
Early applications are welcome and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date if we find a suitable candidate.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email or post. CVs are not accepted.
Please note that if you complete the application form on an Apple Mac you must use ‘Adobe Acrobat Reader’ (you can get it here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ ) and not the ‘Preview’ application that comes with the computer due to an incompatibility.
Closing date: Noon 10th September 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Tel: (020) 7924 8310
Fax: (020) 7738 1867
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Headteacher: Paul Dunne BSc PGCE MA
St John Bosco College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years