The Deputy Principal will be responsible for curriculum planning and development, construction of the timetable and all associated administration, together with oversight of relevant management information systems. As a member of the senior leadership team he/she will make a key contribution to the overall leadership and management of the academy, ensuring all staff work in pursuit of the highest possible standards to deliver an outstanding education for all our student
( Please upload your cv )
Qualifications and Skills:
• Holds undergraduate degree in a related field, plus appropriate post-graduate educational qualifications.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in schools.
• Minimum of 3 years of Leadership Experience
• Proven track-record of appropriate professional development
• Knowledge of the Middle Year Program MYP is an advantage
• Proven track-record of teaching, with ability to model the highest standards of learning and teaching to colleagues
• Must have native English speaker level of fluency in speaking and writing
• Being bilingual in Arabic and English is an advantage
• Understands the importance of confidentiality
• A strong team player, innovative and creative
• Excellent ICT skills
• Extensive experience with other cultures is an advantage
The main responsibilities for the Deputy Principal are:
● Be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
● Assist the Principal in leading and managing the school.
● Undertake such duties as are delegated by the Principal.
● Play a major role, under the overall direction of the Principal and in collaboration with all members of the Senior Leadership Team, in formulating and reviewing the school’s Strategic Plan and its aims and objectives by:
o Establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved.
o Leading and managing staff and resources to that end.
o Monitoring progress towards their achievement.
o Contributing to quality assurance and self-evaluation.
The Deputy Principal will be responsible for providing professional leadership to
● Sustain the school’s continuing improvement.
● Secure a high quality education for all its students which enables them to achieve their full potential in terms of academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural development.
● Forge further collaboration and partnership across local networks. Specific Areas of Responsibility: Teaching and Learning.
● Lead the development, organisation and implementation of the school’s curriculum.
● Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
● Monitor and evaluate Assessment across the school.
● Ensure that new teachers are supported and undertake an effective induction process.
● Ensure that support is provided for individual teachers, wherever this is needed, to ensure their lessons consistently meet teacher standards.
● Demonstrate and articulate consistently high expectations of pedagogy and classroom practice to provide challenge and improvement.
● Organise and lead the whole school calendar of quality assurance activities.
● Deliver whole school training and lead whole school teaching and learning initiatives.
● Lead key post holders and support Subject Leaders in improving the quality of teaching and learning.
● Liaise with external partners and stakeholders .
● Additional areas as may be directed by the Principal.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment:
● Work with the Principal to monitor the quality of learning and teaching within the school.
● Lead and monitor student achievement across the school and develop systems for student data to be shared and used effectively within the school.
● Participate in and, at times, lead department audits including setting targets for development and feeding back to department heads.
● Provide coaching to teachers in a range of circumstances including for performance management.
● Develop the newly embedded teaching aspect of Performance Management to ensure all staff are challenged to improve every year and take part in the appraisal process.
● Advise the SLT of relevant developments within teaching and learning.
● Work with the Principal to further refine the new approach to assessment at MYP.
● Identify and train, if necessary, mentors for NQTs and design the NQT induction programme throughout the year.
● Be an excellent teacher of his/her specialist subject.
Strategic direction and continuous improvement:
The Deputy Principal will:
● Work with the Principal to develop and sustain a challenging and clearly articulated vision for the school, which sets high standards for all students and which is understood, shared and acted upon effectively by students, staff and the Boards of Directors.
● Seek to ensure that the vision underpins the strategic direction of the school and forward planning at all levels.
● Work within the school community to translate the vision into agreed priorities, action plans and demanding goals and targets aimed at maximising every student’s personal progress and achievement, whilst promoting ongoing school improvement.
● With the Principal, ensure that plans resulting from the strategic direction agreed for the school are rigorously appraised and result in courses of action that are competently implemented and thoroughly embedded.
● Ensure that planning takes account of the values and experience of the school and its wider community, whilst taking full advantage of local and national circumstances, both known and anticipated, in order to nurture the continuing development of an exciting learning environment appropriate to 21st century learners.
● With the Grade Leaders, ensure that, in its strong support of the pastoral and welfare needs of every student, the school remains fully committed to safeguarding and works effectively with relevant agencies to this end. Staff Recruitment and Development
● Promote the school actively to potential staff and play a key part in the recruitment of new teaching staff.
● Oversee aspects of the school CPD calendar, identifying areas of priority and designing appropriate training.
● Lead the Leaders of Learning Team and work with them to improve the quality of teaching across the school.
● Work closely with department heads to support their work in developing teaching in different curriculum areas.
This is not an exhaustive list and the Deputy Principal will be required to undertake additional duties to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Secondary School.
The Deputy Principal will also be required to undertake any other duty assigned to him/her by the Director.
This job description will be reviewed at least annually as part of the Deputy Principal’s performance management process.
Interested candidates shall upload their cv while submitting their application.