SEN point 1 £2,106 + TLR 2(1) £2,667 (plus cost of living award)
The Governing Body, Trust and Headteacher seek to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher to join the SENDCo management team and to lead and further develop the school’s already highly commended provision for SEND students.
Kingsdown School is at a very exciting stage in its history. From September we welcomed a
• New Headteacher
• New Chair of Governors and we
• Became an official partner of the River Learning Trust
In January we set the new vision – “a school of excellence bursting with pride and ambition” and a new mission statement – “to champion each and every student”
We are looking for someone who is:
• an outstanding practitioner and leader who is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
• successful in raising standards of attainment and accelerating progress
• committed to ensuring the curriculum meets the needs of all students
• able to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff (especially TAs) and parents
• accountable for leading, managing and developing resources within the school
• ready and wanting to make a real difference to the lives of our students
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work with an incredibly strong, talented and committed team
• excellent facilities and resources
• an ambitious and dedicated student community with supportive parents
• high quality CPD to develop your career
• extended opportunities to network across the RLT
Kingsdown School is part of a Multi Academy Trust and joined the River Learning Trust on the 1st September 2017. The successful applicant will join the School as a River Learning Trust employee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or telephone the HR Department on 01793 837087 or visit www.kingsdownschool.co.uk Applications will only be accepted on a Kingsdown School application form with a covering letter by email or post. Please do not submit your details via any external website as these will not be received by the school.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 27th April by 08:00am.
Interview date is to be confirmed.
CVs will not be accepted and no agencies please.
If you have not heard from us shortly after the closing date this means that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Kingsdown School is a mixed 11-16 Academy situated on the eastern outskirts of Swindon. The most recent OFSTED inspection commented “Leaders provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced. A notable strength of the school is its care for pupils facing particular difficulties, the work the school does to support pupils’ personal development and well-being is good.”
Kingsdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.