Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Design and Technology/Construction Teacher to join a ‘Good’ secondary school in Gravesend. This wonderful school are inspiring for a reliable Design and Technology/Construction Teacher to join a hard working team from September 2017. The staff pride themselves in their commitment and hard work which reflects positively in the schools examination results. The school is looking for someone who is confident and can hit the ground running, sharing their knowledge and experience whilst creating an engaging environment for the pupils. The Design and Technology/Construction Teacher should also be able to demonstrate innovative and creative teaching practices. The position has the option to start with a fixed term contract and has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be joining a highly respected school that has brand new, modern buildings and state of the art equipment in every classroom. The SLT are very supportive and there are professional CPD courses on offer as well as bespoke leadership pathways to excel in your career.
About the Role
· Design and Technology/Construction Teacher
· Temporary contract with the opportunity to go permanent
· £130 - £180 per day
· Provide a positive, conducive and safe learning environment, and encourage high standards in punctuality
About the School
· Large spacious grounds
· ‘Good’ school as graded by OFSTED
· Very supportive SLT
· Career development for all teachers
· Good transport links (22 minutes by train to London)
In order to be considered for this role, the Design and Technology/Construction Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK or equivalent curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXHB21715.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.