The Telford Priory School (TPS) is looking to appoint an inspirational and experienced teacher to take on the exciting role of Design and Technology Teacher to start at January 2018. At TPS, we uphold the values of the Community Academies Trust (our sponsor) focusing on ensuring excellence in our everyday practice. We believe in the value of education and the way in which it can open a whole host of opportunities for the young people with whom we work.We believe in the idea that we are all superheroes of our own lives and it is often the little things we do which make a difference; we aspire to have every one of our students and staff become a little better each day and invest time, commitment and support to enable this to happen.
We are looking for a leader, who is dynamic, inspirational and passionate to join our school and help lead our drive to become truly outstanding. The successful candidate will be committed to our values and ethos, have the ability to lead students and make a wide and varied contribution to overall life at this busy and vibrant school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner
- Have a passion for achieving excellent outcomes for young people
- Have the willingness to work with colleagues and reflect upon their practice
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding in a Design Technology context
- Be willing to work with colleagues to offer our students enrichment opportunities beyond the mainstream curriculum
In return, the successful candidate will:
- Be joining a forward thinking school that places young people at the heart of everything we do
- Have the opportunity to work in our state of the arts facilities
- Have the opportunity to work in a school that places staff development and professional development at the heart of the school
Our School opened in September 2015 in an impressive new building with top of the range unique facilities including: a state of the art theatre with flexible performing arts features, 3G pitch, access to an on-site swimming pool, gym and full athletic track and facilities. It is a place which is already at the physical centre of its community and is one which continues to work alongside local agencies to improve opportunities for all. TPS is committed to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of our young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. TPS want to give young people the best possible start in life, if you share our ambition this is the job for you.
We welcome candidates to visit the school and meet with our Deputy Head – Staff, Imran Iqbal, to arrange a visit or for any further enquires please contact the school via TPS.HR@taw.org.uk
Closing date: 25th September 2017 at noon