Design & Technology Teaching Assistant/Technician
Hours: 30 hours per week (Term Time only plus 3 weeks)
Actual Salary: JG5 £15,871 (Pending review in September 2021)
We are seeking a practical person to provide support for the entire Technology department.
The person appointed will have a flexible approach to tasks and will have the organisational skills to:
• Maintain and audit equipment and all technology rooms and keep them in good order
• Be responsible for storage and disposal of equipment and materials
• Order materials and equipment and keep all rooms adequately resourced
• Set up and clear away equipment and materials for practical demonstrations and provide support for project work
• Keep financial and inventory records
• Ensure a safe working environment including the use of tools and machinery
• In-class support and assisting students with coursework
The successful candidate should have qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy equivalent to GCSE grade A* - C or level 2 on the National Vocational framework and at least 3 years relevant technical experience, together with practical skills with machine tools. Experience with CAD/CAM and of working and supporting young people will be an advantage.
Please complete our application through the TES website by Noon on Friday 21 May 2021. Should you have any questions regarding this role please phone 01275 866799.
Nailsea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure Services Barring) check, medical check and satisfactory references.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years