Design and Technology Technician
Abberley Hall is a co-educational school which takes children from the age of 2 to 13. The Prep school (age 8 to 13) is predominantly a boarding school. The Nursery and Pre-prep departments are for day pupils only. It operates in and around a Victorian country house which is set on a hillside amongst 98 acres of woodland. The site is a mix of historic buildings, modern classrooms, sporting and arts facilities.
Our belief is that every child should be treated as an individual, and we encourage pupils to develop an understanding of their particular strengths, while enjoying their childhood and developing firm friendships. We aim to teach pupils the benefits and pleasures derived from being part of a strong community with a shared set of values; namely – honesty, to always endeavour to try one’s hardest, mutual respect and support, and a commitment to the school community.
The Headmaster wishes to recruit a recent Design and Technology Graduate with a creative and artistic flare who is looking to utilise their passion in a classroom environment to inspire pupils, bring modern interactive skills to the classroom whilst also gaining classroom experience
To assist teaching staff in providing students at Abberley Hall with a relevant and effective Design & Technology experience and ensure high levels of achievement.
What you offer
- Practical/hands-on experience is desirable but not a necessity
- Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one’s own work and that of others
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Self-motivating with the ability to multi-task
- Confident in the use of ICT
- Must be prepared for evening and weekend work
- The above list is not exhaustive
What we offer:
- Free use of a luxurious on-site flat
- Use of all gymnasium facilities including a swimming pool
- Free meals provided during the school day
- We value our staff and fully support professional development
- We also welcome any visits to the school to look around our outstanding facilities
How to Apply:
Please click on the 'quick apply' button to complete the online application form
Monday 18th March 2019 at noon.
Please visit our website www.abberleyhall.co.uk