We currently have a fantastic role available for a Design and Technology Technician. The successful candidate will prepare equipment and materials for lessons, examinations, and extra curricular activities, and will provide support to teaching staff and classes across the D&T Department. We are looking for an efficient and competent technician to join a supportive and professional department who have a strong emphasis on enabling our scholars to realise their potential.
This is a term-time only role, including INSET days, and is posted at a Grade 4.
Our vision of a fantastic future for all our students is easy to understand but complex to achieve as the future evolves so rapidly around us. Our students have to adapt in order to build themselves a secure and resilient future. Our vision underpins all we do, and our starting point is excellent academic results.
Our school is proud to be part of the Prospere Learning Trust. Prospere Learning Trust was formed in September 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. We currently employ over 850 staff and are passionate about providing exceptional education for children from any background so that they become happy, confident adults with excellent academic knowledge and qualifications. We believe that our staff play a vital role in achieving our vision. Great schools thrive because of the great people in them.
The Trust currently comprises of 8 schools, including 4 mainstream high schools and 4 special needs schools (both primary and secondary). We are a growing Trust, currently working in the South Manchester area but with further schools anticipated across Greater Manchester.
Our values shape our culture and define the character of our Trust. We live the core values through our individual behaviours.
• High quality educational provision is an entitlement of all young people
• Our schools and academies will deliver high standards of academic achievement and personal development
• We will recruit, train and retain the very best staff driven by a strong culture of professional development and mutual support in the pursuit of highly effective teaching and the highest levels of student progress
• We will be forward thinking and highly aspirational, grounding our strategy and development in the latest educational research
• Our academies will be truly comprehensive and inclusive, and rooted within their local community
• We will enable all of our students to succeed promoting and providing equal opportunities and equity of provision
• We will champion the Cooperative values of Self-help, Self-responsibility, Democracy, Equality, Equity and Solidarity
• We will operate our organisation with the ethical values of Openness, Honesty, Social Responsibility and Caring for others
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking Trust that works in partnership to ensure outstanding achievement of all children. As an employee of our Trust you will be supported to grow and develop; we are committed to your own professional development. Your contribution will be recognised and valued but your time will be respect and supported; your wellbeing is important to us. You will have access to materials which support the development of personal health and wellbeing.
• All of our employees have access to support through Occupational Health, and counselling, financial, legal and personal advice is provided through Bupa Level 1 and our Employee Assistance Programme, provides free 24-hour support
• You will be enrolled into a Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (TPS or LGPS)
• As a Trust we recognise the benefits of positive relationships with Trade Unions
• We are committed to ensuring equality across the Trust, and that all staff are treated fairly, in line with Trust policies
Please note we do not accept CVs; applications will only be accepted on the TES application form and references will be applied for at the shortlisting stage. Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete.
Closing date for applications is 12 September 2021 and interviews will take place as soon as possible thereafter.
All schools within the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
Prospere Learning Trust is legally obligated to process an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts. For posts in regulated activity, the DBS check will include a barred list check. It is an offence to seek employment in regulated activity if you are on a barred list. The DBS check will reveal both spent and unspent convictions, cautions and any other information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role. Any convictions listed on a DBS check will be considered on a case-by- case basis.
Any information that is “protected” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 will not appear on a DBS certificate. You will be required to complete a self-declaration of unspent and spent cautions or convictions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and adult cautions (simple or conditional) or spent convictions that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020.
Any data processed as part of the DBS check will be processed in accordance with data protection regulations and the Trust’s privacy notice.
All applicants must be permitted to work in the UK and hold a relevant work permit where necessary. This is not a role in which the Trust sponsors a visa application. If you have lived or worked outside of the UK in the last 5 years, the Trust will also require additional information in order to comply with safer recruitment requirements. Any job offer will be conditional on the satisfactory completion of the necessary pre-employment checks including receipt of satisfactory references.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years