Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding.
We require a Design and Technology Technician to be responsible for the preparation of teaching materials, stock control and the maintenance of tools and machines for the department. There will also be some involvement with lessons and extra curricular clubs through support for teaching staff and students within those activities. The department is extremely well equipped with a wide range of machinery including vacuum formers, band saws, pillar drills, vinyl/laser cutter and 3D printers. You should ideally be comfortable working with all tools and machinery in the department, though training will be provided.
You will ideally have related experience, be able to demonstrate initiative and be confident working with both staff and pupils in an extremely well-resourced and successful department. You must be a good communicator with excellent organisational and time management skills and be able to work independently as well as part of a team. A practical awareness of health and safety is essential.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.ashmanorschool.com/vacancies Please download an application form and once completed send to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22 January 2018.
Interview date: Wednesday 24 January 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.