*** PLEASE SUBMIT A SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM, ATTACHED TO THIS ADVERT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION***
We are seeking a Technician to work in our Design & Technology Department, responsible to the Head of Department and D&T Team Leader. The post involves maintaining our facilities, preparing materials and providing classroom support. He/she will be expected to work in all material areas (Product Design, Food, Textiles, Electronics and Construction).
Part time - 4 days a week
27.5 hours per week, term time + 2 weeks (5 x INSET days plus an additional week during school holidays). Total of 40 weeks per annum.
Days and hours to be agreed with the successful candidate, but Monday from 8.00am would be non-negotiable.
As a Design and Technology Technician, you will be expected to work under the direction of the Head of Design and Technology and the Technician Team Leader in the following ways:
1. Set up and put away tools and equipment as necessary for class demonstration or student use;
2. Clear away and wash up dirty equipment;
3. Ensure that teaching and storage areas are kept tidy;
4. Prepare and put out materials for lessons;
5. Monitor stock levels of standard consumables in classrooms and restock as necessary;
6. Check deliveries and put away;
7. Routine clerical tasks such as photocopying and filing;
8. Assist Team Leader as required;
9. Support teachers in lessons as and when necessary;
10. Carry out any other duties as reasonably fall within the purview of this post, as instructed by the Head of Department.
• Able to carry out the job description;
• Knowledge and understanding of the school’s ethos, and ability to promote this ethos;
• Able to work co-operatively and individually;
• Willing to learn new skills;
• Good basic general education;
• An appreciation of health and safety issues;
• Able to adhere to and promote the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy;
• Flexible attitude;
• Enjoy working with adults and children;
• Be willing after training to use Design & Technology CAD/CAM equipment and resources.
Overton Grange School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years