35 hours per week, 44 weeks per year
Hillsview Academy, which opened in September 2014, is an 11-19 academy of 800 students situated in the Teesville area of Redcar and Cleveland. We are within easy access of Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and only 10 minutes from the A19 motorway.
We are looking for a Design and Technology and Creative Arts Technician who really cares about helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of the Technology and Creative Arts faculty. You will be joining a department who:
- put students first – We aim to inspire all our learners through innovative teaching
- supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, coaching and mentoring for all new staff
- value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will be able to offer invaluable practical and administrative support to teaching staff to support DT and Creative Art lessons.
- Ideally have experience of working in a school within a workshop based environment or be a graduate with experience looking to enter into work in education.
- Have good numeracy and Literacy skills with at least an NVQ2 in a DT or Creative Arts subject
We actively welcome applications from Graduates who have experience in working with students and young people and who are interested in gaining experience in education with a view to training to become a teacher.
We actively welcome visits so you can learn more about us. Please contact Duncan Hyde (HR Officer) at email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 29 September 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are unable to accept CV's as part of our safeguarding policies. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.