The Peninsula International School Australia www.peninsula.edu.my is set to open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2018, offering Australia's Victorian Curriculum based Primary and Secondary education for students from Year 1 (Age 7) to Year 12 (Age 18).
Our curriculum is delivered through partnerships with the prestigious Peninsula Grammar of Mt Eliza, Victoria, Australia. http://www.tps.vic.edu.au Peninsula Grammar provides academic support, course structure and support materials, along with training and mentoring programs for teachers while we adheres to the highest standards of education associated with Peninsula Grammar's long tradition of academic excellence.
Peninsula International School Australia will allow students in Malaysia to study for an internationally recognised qualification without having to leave their home. Our students can develop a high level of fluency in English and a strong understanding of the western education system. This ensures that they are well prepared for study at western universities in the future.
The school is now looking to appoint an inspirational, highly skilled Design Technology Teacher from January 2018. If you are excited by the challenge of a different teaching experience in a vibrant environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidates will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
Product Design and Technology is an integral part of the educational experience provided for students at the Peninsula International School.
It is a developing subject area and requires someone with the skills to develop the subject from its early role in the development of elementary design and craft skills that eventually will be in line with the fully fledged Design Technology Victoria Curriculum Australia at the Senior School level. The design process will be universally employed in order that all students take home at each stage creative and well-produced items that they value.
Description of the role:
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS
- Ability to work with more than one age group would be desirable
- A minimum of 3 years recent teaching experience preferred and / or international experience welcomed.
- A good understanding of current curriculum development and latest Design Technology programmes and a willingness to learn the VC curriculum
- Experience / understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English might be an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate with leaders.
- A high level of professionalism
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Able to adapt to living in an Asian culture
What we offer
- A friendly, supportive working environment in a wonderful environment
- The opportunity to make a difference and be part of a new international school
- An attractive, salary with the ability to save paid in Malaysian Ringgits
- All visa documentation and processing included in the benefits
- Return flights to country of origin at the start and end of contract
- Baggage / relocation allowance (start and end of contract)
- EPF contribution’s [ savings scheme]
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Free education for spouses children [ maximum 2 places offered]
- Modern comfortable fully furnished apartment accommodation provided for by the school
- [Details available for those shortlisted candidates at interviews]
- Transport to and from school on a daily basis
- A safe environment and a wonderful lifestyle unique to Malaysia
How to apply
Applicants should complete and submit the online Application Form available on the school website www.peninsula.edu.my
Please note those successful applicants will take up post in January 2018.
Peninsula International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening.