Pay to scale – 95.00 - 202.08 Per Day
November 2019 – May 2020
We are currently recruiting for a full-time teacher of Design and Technology specialising in Food and Textiles technology for a Maternity cover at a large, forward thinking academy in Mansfield. The position will require the teacher to plan and deliver engaging lesson content to KS3 and KS4 students, predominantly in Food and Textiles, but with some additional timetabled lessons within other DT principles.
The role is a Maternity cover for 6 months and will require the desired Teacher of Design Technology to plan and mark across Key Stages 3 and 4. The role is full time, so full availability Monday to Friday for this period would be required. The majority of the timetable will be Food and Textiles across Key Stage 3 and 4, but the adaptability to support across Graphics, Woodwork and Construction where required.
The school look for teachers who believe in inclusive learning and making engaging learning accessible for all. Based on the border of Mansfield and Chesterfield, the school are in a state of the art building with fantastic resources for learning available to utilise. The school are forward thinking and collaborative in their approach to learning, often working as teams to create stimulating schemes of work incorporating ICT into learning where possible.
To be considered for the position of DT Teacher, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have experience teaching Textiles and Food Technology to GCSE Level.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Secondary Teachers.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield branch on 0114 243 5555.