A unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and enthusiastic teacher to join our exciting Design and Technology area. Applicants at all stages of their career are encouraged to apply.
At Jarrow School we place a high value on Design and Technology:
- KS3 students learn on a carousel for two hours per week; visiting specialist teachers in dedicated classrooms.
- We offer a wide range of KS4 subjects to cater for the needs of our students, preparing them for the world of work.
- The department is facilitated by a full-time technician which enables us to offer a variety of both traditional making techniques and modern computer aided manufacturing.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching students throughout the ability range at Key Stages 3 and 4. They should also have experience of teaching a range of qualifications at Key Stage 4. The ability to have a specialism in Product Design or Engineering would be desirable.
Staff well-being is high priority at Jarrow School and achieving a good work/life balance is an area of real importance to us.
Application information for this post is available at www.jarrowschool.com or telephone (0191) 428 3200.
Jarrow School and South Tyneside Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years