The Charter School East Dulwich is an inclusive, entrepreneurial secondary school serving the vibrant communities of East Dulwich and South Camberwell. Going into our fourth year of operation, we have recently moved into multi-million pound, state-of-the-art permanent school buildings. We are one of the most heavily over-subscribed new schools in the country, with more than seven applicants for every place in Year 7.
From September 2019 we are looking to appoint an inspirational DT Teacher specialising in Product Design, with Graphics experience, who shares our heartfelt commitment to educational excellence and social inclusion. The successful candidate will be expected to teach all material areas at Key Stage 3, and at Key stage 4 and 5 teach Design Technology in their specialist material area.
As part of The Charter Schools Educational Trust, we are founded on the conviction that all children deserve the opportunity to succeed, whatever their start in life or personal circumstances. We are a school at the heart of our community: a place where children walk to school together and where friendships, between students and between parents, grow stronger as a result of daily contact in and outside of the classroom. We teach our students to be curious, creative, confident, courageous and caring. They will leave us fully able to participate in our democratic society and prepared to meet the challenges and to harvest the opportunities of life in the 21st century.
The Charter School East Dulwich is a special place to work. We are committed to finding teachers with the energy, enthusiasm and expertise to inspire our students and enliven our community. We offer a dynamic professional learning environment, where teachers are given ongoing opportunities to develop their practice. We have a clear commitment to our colleagues’ wellbeing as the only sustainable foundation for success. As a new and growing school, we also offer excellent prospects for career growth.
The successful candidate will;
● Have the determination and adaptability needed to be part of a new school
● Have high expectations of other staff and all pupils within their subject area
● Inspire and motivate students and staff to develop in a well-disciplined and harmonious environment.
● Enable all to achieve their potential during their time at the school, ensuring that they leave school as mature rounded, resilient individuals, ready to take their places as active citizens in the wider world
● Be committed to the delivery of the highest standard of teaching and learning across the school, which includes the professional development of our staff.
● Be highly flexible, adaptable and above all collaborative as these are all key requirements when working in such a dynamic school
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join one of the most exciting schools in London. The Charter School East Dulwich is an outstanding, exhilarating and innovative school that produces exceptional attainment for its learners and will make a significant contribution to the lives and opportunities of our families.
Closing date: Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview date: W/c 25th March 2019
Please note CVs are not accepted. No agencies please.