We are seeking to recruit a Design Technology Technician, to join our thriving DT department from September 2017.
The overall aims of this role are to:
- provide support of teaching and learning within the department by the management of resources;
- positively support the implementation of the school aims and policies through the work of the department;
- ensure that the working environment is safe for staff and pupils to use;
- be responsible for the acquisition, organisation, dissemination and exploitation of resources to support teaching and learning;
- make sure that pupils are fully supported in their learning needs and help the department run as smoothly as possible;
- also provide technical support for the Science and Technology Faculty.
To be successful, you will:
- be educated to GCSE level;
- have an interest in and experience of technical aspects of Design Technology;
- be organised, with good ICT skills;
- have knowledge of materials and the ability to work under pressure;
- have knowledge of CAD/CAM and machine skills including turning and milling would be ideal.
Hours: 30 per week, Monday to Friday, term time only. There will also be some requirement to attend INSED days outside of term time.
For a full job description and to apply online, please visit www.ardingly.com/vacancies
Closing date: Wednesday, 28th June 2017, although applications will be considered upon receipt.
Interviews are expected to take place on 3rd July 2017.
Ardingly College is an independent co-educational boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 2½ -18, a member of the HMC and a school of the Woodard Corporation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are required to undertake child protection screening appropriate to the post including enhanced DBS checks.