Design Technology Technician, full-time, term-time only plus 1 week
Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary School that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7,8,9 and from September 2018, year 10, the School is committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous Technician to join our Art and Design Faculty in helping the School on its journey to becoming an established and outstanding community School.
Reporting to the Head of Art and DT, the successful candidate will prepare and source (when applicable) Art, Design Technology and Food Technology materials and equipment to support the teaching and learning of Art and DT lessons, together with maintaining DT class and prep rooms, their equipment and services. The job holder may be required to assist with other duties and departments as reasonably required. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
The role is full-time, term-time only plus 1 week which would normally be expected to be worked the week before the start of the Autumn term. The working week is 40 hrs a week with expected working hours of 8.00am to 4.30pm, although there is some flexibility for the right candidate.
The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place.
- You will have Art or Design Technology discipline at A-level standard or equivalent
- You will have A* - C grade in English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
- You will have GCSE-level subject knowledge in Art or Design Technology
- Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance.
- The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning.
- All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
- Our staff are offered childcare and cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking.
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 3rd June 2018
Interviews will be held on:
Friday 15th June 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.