Working as a vital part of our Inclusion Team we are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and inspiring professional to take the lead for Safeguarding and oversee the support and opportunities for engagement we offer families across our school community.
We are very proud of our school and the work we have already embedded to ensure best practice around Safeguarding. We have built strong networks with other agencies and partners locally and nationally and enjoy the benefits these relationships bring to our pupils, families and school as a whole.
We have high aspirations for our children’s futures, and are passionate for what they can achieve given the right support, opportunities and strong foundations. We are committed to ensuring excellence in all that we do and being advocates for children and families so that they can access timely support and interventions to secure their success and well-being.
Our children are vibrant and full of potential but we do serve a community which can experience significant challenge. As such, we are keen to appoint a lead professional to our team who can further strengthen our work around Safeguarding and meeting the needs of vulnerable families.
The role has these key responsibilities:
- To take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the school
- To advise, support and train other members of staff on child welfare and child protection
- To liaise with relevant agencies such as the local authority, police and charities with whom we work
- To oversee and lead the school’s support and engagement offer to families
- To work as part of the Attendance Team to monitor attendance, absence and those at risk of persistent absence, and/or CME
We hope to appoint just the right person for our children and school. The passion and ambition you have for securing a safe and secure environment for children to learn is incredibly important to us.
- Passionate and committed about the welfare of children?
- Confident and resilient?
- Able to advocate for children, families and the school in complex scenarios?
- Ready to blow away the cobwebs, think creatively and step up to playing your part in our continued journey to excellence?
We can offer you:
- Fabulous pupils to work with
- A fantastic team of staff who are passionate about children’s well-being and take seriously their shared responsibility for meeting the needs of our children
- An exciting place to work – with a diverse community, a bespoke ‘Safer Schools Curriculum’ and wonderful facilities
- A bright future. Leaders, governors and our whole school team are ambitious for our school’s future. We have a great deal to offer and share. The successful candidate will have an allocated budget to support our safeguarding and families’ engagement offer.
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities, in Easter 2007.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to both the Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations.
We have recently re-focused our vision for where our school can go. As a result, this is a really exciting time to be part of our school’s on-going development and allows potential candidates to share with us their own areas of particular strength. There may well be opportunities to utilise your areas of excellence across our school.
Ofsted judged us to be Good in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our recruitment pack and application form for this post are available here, on our website or by contacting the school via email or phone.
A visit and/or conversation with the Headteacher prior to your application is warmly welcomed and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school – please contact Mrs Sylvia Lefever-Jones to arrange this.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 10am, however, applications will be considered for shortlisting on a rolling basis, and the closing date will be brought forward if a successful candidate is found prior to 21st May 2019.
Interview Date: 4th June 2019
Tel: 020 7704 3900