Reporting to the Creative director, the designer will be expected to produce layouts and designs for the magazine with originality and flair as well as working on supplements and digital projects when required.
· To create pages that comply with the overall design guidelines.
· To maintain the current high standard of imagery either by direct commissioning or picture researching, ensuring that pictures accurately express the content and tone of the articles
· Work with sub editors to ensure that there are no delays in the production process.
· To adhere to deadlines.
· To be flexible to the demands of the publication.
· To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments within TES Global.
· Adept at using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
· Enthusiastic, strongly creative with an ability to visualize difficult concepts.
· Willingness to take risks with original designs and images.
· Good picture researching skills.
· Ability to work fast and to a deadline.
Communicate well with colleagues.
· Diploma or degree in design or art related subject
· Two years as a designer with a B2B title, national or regional newspaper or consumer magazine.
· Experience on a weekly would be ideal.