The Development Assistant will work with the Development Director and the rest of the Development Office team to deliver a number of key supporter engagement, fundraising support and office management objectives.
The role will have direct responsibility for:
- Helping to organise a programme of events, primarily for Old Cholmeleians, including reunions, dinners and networking events;
- Helping to measure the success of such events, and implementing changes where necessary;
- Scheduling meetings and assisting with diary management for the Development Director and other team members as necessary;
- Establishing and running administrative and office management procedures as necessary;
- Maintaining and updating the Raiser’s Edge NXT alumni database;
- Maintaining and updating Highgate Connect, our alumni networking page , and the alumni section of the School website;
- Monitoring, maintaining and updating the OC social media pages and providing the team with a digest of OC news from this channel
- Recording all financial donations to the School on the Raiser’s Edge NXT database, and processing Gift Aid claims;
- Handling the sale of merchandise;
- Serving as the first point of call for telephone and email enquiries from alumni and parents;
- Serving as the first point of call for all enquiries relating to the alumni database or the alumni online networking platform, Highgate Connect.
- Do we want to add Social Media here? ‘Running the Development Office’s social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
This is a permanent role which could be full- or part-time.
The role will offer the right individual considerable scope to make a positive impact in several significant areas.
Please note, this role may require occasional travel within and possibly outside London. Attendance at evening and weekend commitments, in particular fundraising and engagement events outside normal office hours, will be required on occasion. Appropriate time off in lieu will be given in consultation with the Development Director.
There will be potential to develop, over time and in consultation with the Development Director and Head, the scope and details of this job description.
To apply: For further information and an application form, please visit our website: https://www.highgateschool.org.uk/work-with-us/
Highgate School was established in 1565 by a Royal Charter of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the First. Sir Roger Cholmeley, our Founder, was granted Letters Patent to found ‘a grammar School…for good education and instruction’. Today Highgate is a flourishing coeducational independent School which includes the Senior School for pupils aged 11-18; the Junior School for pupils aged 7-11 and the Pre-Preparatory School for pupils aged 3-7. There are currently in the region of 1,850 pupils at Highgate and the School employs approximately 550 full-time or part-time teaching and support staff.
The School is situated in one of the most attractive and sought after areas of North London, only a short journey from Central London and adjacent to Hampstead Heath. The hilltop site in Highgate Village is the historic site of the Senior School. A few hundred yards along Hampstead Lane in Bishopswood Road lie the Junior and Pre-Preparatory Schools and the extensive playing fields, adjacent to the open spaces of Kenwood and Hampstead Heath. The Northern Line underground station is a short walk away and it is four miles to Central London.
Working at Highgate offers the opportunity to be part of a vibrant and welcoming community, committed to academic excellence and the highest standards of pastoral care for its pupils. The Governors consider the development of excellence in the education offered to the pupils to be the underlying purpose of activities undertaken by all staff.
Highgate is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.