Part-time, 30 hours a week, typically over 4 days a week, all year round
25 days (full-time) holiday per year, pension scheme (with generous employer contribution)
Withington Girls’ School, based in South Manchester, is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment. Pupils come from a wide geographical area in and around Manchester and from many different social, cultural and religious backgrounds which is a defining feature of the school. The bursary programme currently enables one-in-six pupils to benefit from means-tested financial support
We are seeking to appoint an experienced specialist to develop and implement strategies to raise money for the bursary fund and other priority projects; and to continue to develop and strengthen alumnae relations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
· The opportunity to continue to develop and map out the Development Strategy for the school
· The chance to lead and provide dedicated management to an existing team
· The opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place Withington amongst the top twenty schools in the UK and as a leading Independent School in the North West
· To enable more bright girls from financially disadvantaged backgrounds to benefit from an education at Withington through raising additional funds for the bursary programme
· Colleagues eager to share passion and enthusiasm for their subject and where the relationship between pupils and staff is a particular strength of the school
· A warm and friendly school where staff are respected
· Fantastic opportunities to get involved in the life of the School, with excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings.
· Opportunity to develop yourself and your team, through continued professional development.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
• A capable and highly enthusiastic individual with excellent knowledge and a passion for major gift fundraising and experience of managing and motivating a volunteer board
• As an ambassador for the school, the talent, interpersonal skills necessary to drive, lead and contribute to the shared success of the team
• To provide strategic planning and leadership to the Development team, together with the talent, enthusiasm and vision necessary to continue to develop and evolve the department
• Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment where hours worked are dictated by operational needs and occasionally include some evening and weekend work
• A demonstrable interest in independent education and widening access to education programmes is also vital.
Further details of the role and application process can be obtained from the School’s website, www.wgs.org/recruitment
Closing date: 26th May 2018
Interviews to be held: To be confirmed
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks