The Aga Khan Academy Maputo is the third school in a global network of day and residential schools for exceptional students, offering a curriculum based on the highly regarded International Baccalaureate (IB) series of programmes. The Aga Khan Academies aim to develop future leaders with the skills and knowledge to support positive development in their societies, by recruiting talented young people from all backgrounds and providing them with the highest international standard of education. Exciting career opportunities await those who wish to make a difference. Currently we have around 210 students with further growth/expansion in the coming years. For more/additional information please visit https://www.agakhanacademies.org/maputo
We are currently recruiting a DP Coordinator. She/he will be part of a growing community, one that develops young people of talent and potential from Maputo to be the well-educated, ethical and pluralistic leaders of tomorrow. The successful candidate will be responsible for disseminating relevant IB DP communications and updates as well as leading and assisting staff in all matters pertaining to effective teaching and learning in the IB DP. She/he will facilitate and support the planning and implementation of an inquiry based, transdisciplinary curriculum in the DP. She/he must ensure the development of a strong bilingual programme in English and Portuguese.
In addition, the DP Coordinator will support teachers in the development of excellent pedagogical practice through ongoing classroom observations and other forms of Professional Development.
The successful candidate should liaise with the IB, including leading processes for the authorisation and evaluation of the programme.
The Aga Khan Academy, Maputo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students in its care. As an employer, the school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are appointed subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
The closing date for applications: 10 April 2021
Start date: August 2021
Being an intentionally diverse community, we welcome applications from qualified candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds. Please note that only candidates who are shortlisted will be notified.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.akdn.org/careers
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 18 and below 65 years of age
The Aga Khan Academy, Maputo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years