Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
At Monash College, people are central to our business. Within the Diploma’s division, we offer a guaranteed pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at Monash University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies. Our programs adhere to strict educational benchmarks in teaching and innovation.
About the role
As our Teacher, IT/Computer Science, you will be part of the Diploma team and the broader Monash College community. You will be responsible for working with students to help them in their journey to gain confidence in independent learning and critical thinking, developing and delivering high quality teaching and learning including lectures, tutorials, and/or laboratories.
We are seeking applicants who are able to bring a student focused and interactive teaching approach, along with the ability to utilise effective technology in achieving student learning outcomes. The successful applicant will be adaptable and quality orientated, with a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation. As the Teacher, IT/Computer Science, you will play an integral role in providing our students with an enriching, stable and consistent educational experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in IT/Computer Science or a programming background with Math.
- Have previous experience teaching at a tertiary or diploma level.
- Experience in a relevant industry and knowledge of current methods, practices and developments in business.
- Experience using innovative approaches to teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment.
- A teaching qualification (preferred) and/or strong commitment to relevant professional learning activities.
Advantageous (but not necessary):
· Commercial software development experience in an agile environment.
· Previous coordination and/or development of undergraduate-level units.
· A fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and security issues.
· Enjoys solving algorithmic problems and puzzles.
- This position requires a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration.
- Contract: 2 year full-time fixed-term contract.
- Salary: $72,634 - $104,061 (dependent on skills and experience) plus 17% superannuation.
- Location: The role is based at our Clayton campus, however may require occasional travel to city campuses to attend professional learning sessions and meetings.
- Labour Day, Queen's Birthday and Melbourne Cup day are normal working days, without penalty payments for time worked. Five days leave (accrued at 1⅔ per public holiday worked) will be granted in lieu, to be usually taken on the days falling between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
To be considered, you must apply attaching the following:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter, maximum of two pages, directly addressing the following three questions:
1. What do you enjoy about teaching and why would you like to teach at Monash College?
2. Using at least one relevant example from your recent work history, demonstrate your commitment to continuous improvement and professional learning.
3. Using at least one example from your recent work history, demonstrate your ability to adapt teaching practices to suit group and individual learning needs, including working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Application process and key dates:
· Closing date of applications: Sunday 2nd September, 11:59PM.
· Candidates identified as matching our desired profile will be contacted post the closing date and invited to complete a video response via an online platform.
· Post the video stage, there will be two rounds of in-person panel interviews at our Monash College Clayton Campus, between the dates of Wednesday 12th September to Friday 21st September.
· The preferred applicant will then be required to complete pre-employment checks (work rights, VIT/Working with Children Check, qualifications, teaching declaration), following which an offer will be made.
· The successful applicant will ideally commence Monday the 8th of October 2018 (with some scope to accommodate notice periods).
To see the full position description, please click here.
Enquiries: Bella Kaur, Talent Acquisition Specialist Bella.Kaur@monashcollege.edu.au
Strictly no agencies.