Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking an inspirational and future focused educator to embrace the position of Director of Digital Learning. This role will report to the Executive Director Digital Learning, Research and Innovation and work with staff to ensure they are supported to effectively embed the latest contemporary digital learning technologies in their teaching and work practices to create an effective and dynamic 21st Century learning environment.
To this aim, the Director of Digital Learning collaborates with all staff to contribute to developing capacity in Digital Learning, including modelling and exemplar practice as well as the organisation and implementation of targeted professional learning programs.
With the learner at the centre, work with the MGGS Executive Team and Directors of Teaching and Learning, ensure all digital learning policy across the school is embedded into the professional practice of all teachers.
As a leader who is passionate about creating a digitally enabled learning environment that empowers all staff to engage with contemporary technology you are committed to collaboration and digital innovation. curriculum design and your ongoing personal professional growth.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level educational leadership across the Melbourne Girls Grammar community.
- Experience building and maintaining effective teams including developing positive and cooperative working relationships with parents and school staff.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and manage significant change in response to emerging educational priorities and programs.
- Expert level understanding of the role of technology in curriculum development, explicit teaching and high-impact pedagogy.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the review, development and implementation of the school’s digital learning vision.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the implementation of live reporting through Schoolbox (MGGS Intranet - eVI).
- Experience and ability to assist with policy documentation of new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to use and analyse learning data including demonstrating this to the community.
- An ability to use instructional design principles to ensure a high level of user experience.
What we offer
A stimulating and challenging role that allows you to be an influencer, collaborator, coach and leader of a committed group of colleagues in a student centered, values-based working environment.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and must hold a current Police Check or be in the process of obtaining one, in order to work at Melbourne Girls Grammar.
Please visit the MGGS Website to apply.
Melbourne Girls Grammar
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Melbourne Girls Grammar is an independent day and boarding school for girls, located in South Yarra in Victoria.
It is a place where challenge and choice create opportunities for every student to discover who she is meant to be. A leader in gir...