• The post holder will lead on the expansion and the effective & efficient delivery of the College’s apprenticeship & workplace learning contracts, maintaining full contractual compliance.
• To develop, lead and grow on high quality apprenticeship provision.
• To identify and develop key customer relationships, sectors and opportunities for example with:-
GM business community, key employers/accounts (private & public sector)
Key stakeholders, including awarding bodies, funding bodies and their respective agents.
College Executive and Senior Management Team
• To work with the college’s Leadership Team to ensure that the college provides high quality, demand-led training and development opportunities to meet the needs of local and regional businesses and other stakeholders.
• Lead and significantly contribute to the strategic planning and development of the department and the college as a whole.
• Develop and deliver operational plans that include innovative and engaging strategic initiatives designed to secure the future viability, growth and development of work-based provision.
• Develop and maintain a highly effective and efficient operational delivery system, were productivity and staff utilisation is within College benchmarks.
• Working with MIS produce monthly and annual performance reports reporting back to SMT and lead on the annual self-assessment processes and related Ofsted Inspections for the area.
• Lead on product development in conjunction with key managers, develop a suite of apprentice frameworks that meet employer demand, are achievable and cost effective to deliver (critical mass).
• Working with Head of Quality develop and maintain robust quality systems that are compliant with the requirements of funding & awarding bodies which lead to good teaching and learning and improved outcomes
• Develop appropriate H&S systems and procedures that reduce the risk to harm to apprentices and employees, either under your direct control or those placed with employers. This will require routine audits, regular guidance for employers and apprentices on workplace safety and robust monitoring of H&S practices in the workplace.
• Maintain and disseminate up to date information in relation to national policy regarding Apprenticeships, developing relationships with appropriate external agencies, including ESFA at an appropriate level
• Business planning, with emphasis on achieving contracted targets, maximising income generation from all contracts
• Establish, maintain and develop professional working relationships with colleagues.
• Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Mechanisms operating within the College and contribute generally to the establishment and development of a quality provision/service.
• Provide leadership, direction and motivation ensuring all departmental staff carry out their work in an efficient and effective manner.
• Set challenging but realistic targets, plans and budgets and through guidance and support, help departmental staff achieve the required results.
• Investigate and analyse the skills shortages in the local area and the related impact on employers; using labour market information, environmental scanning and by working with other organisations and stakeholders e.g. Combined Authority, Greater Manchester Combine Authority and Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council.
• Maintain health, safety & welfare (including safeguarding) of staff, visitors, learners and apprentices, linked to the department.
• Coach, mentor and develop an effective and highly productive team that are focused on quality leading to good outcomes.
• Analyse and highlight new market opportunities, issues, trends, development needs and diversification strategies.
• Engage in the implementation of college quality systems.
• Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required
• Maintain effective communication streams internally and externally.
Line management responsibility for a number of direct reports in the apprenticeship team and functional cross-college responsibility for embedding the employer engagement strategies.