Director of Arts Faculty
Required from September 2021
Salary Range: MPS/UPS (Inner London Scale) + TLR 1c (£12111)
Are you a talented and dynamic practitioner? Are you passionate about the Arts and Sport? Do you wish play a key leadership role in a high-performing and highly successful school in the heart of East London?
This is an exciting opportunity to play a transformational role, supported by a strong and progressive leadership team, in this vibrant and happy school. We are seeking an outstanding teacher and leader, who has the drive, vision and ambition to help lead the school to even greater success. You will already be a successful and experienced school leader in an Arts based subject or in P.E. with a proven track record of excellence in your current role. You will be passionate about the arts and sport and committed to securing excellent outcomes for children of all abilities. As a highly dedicated and innovative professional, you will join a dynamic team of teaching and associate staff, all determined to ensure that the school maintains its reputation for excellence.
Oaklands is a high achieving school at GCSE and A level. We have a highly committed staff who thrive in an inclusive culture focused on high quality teaching and learning. Oaklands students are highly aspirational with high expectations of their school.
We are keen to hear from you if you: -
• Have an excellent track-record as a teacher and leader
• Have a clear and ambitious vision for excellent curricular and extra-curricular
provision in the arts and sport
• Are flexible and adaptable
• Are ambitious, hard-working and a team player
We can offer you the opportunity to join:
• A highly committed and dedicated staff.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• Students who love their school, are ambitious and want to learn
Capital Building Programme 2021-2023
• Oaklands is expanding, our new sixth form opened in 2020 and we are now planning a second building programme due for completion in September 2023. Part of the new build will be to provide better facilities for both Sports and Music.
Oaklands is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be DBS checked.
If you would like an informal conversation about the post please contact Cynthia Wilmot-Nibo (Headteacher’s PA) on email@example.com, who will arrange a time for you to speak with the Headteacher.
For an application pack please contact:
Telephone: 0207 613 1014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am on Wednesday 26th May 2021
The school may hold interviews for suitable candidates before the application closing date.
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Oaklands is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form situated in East London. It is a community state school as well as a NSS (National Support School] that provides support to other schools. A smaller than average ...