STRATEGIC PLANNING- But Not Limited to:
• Setting out the aims, objectives and policies of the department
• To develop and help implement a whole school vision for the effective use of ICT.
• To lead in the development of a whole school digital literacy and data literacy programme for students, parents and teachers.
• To work with the senior leadership team to help create, implement, develop and evaluate the school’s ICT strategic direction in line with the school’s strategic aims.
• To advise on current trends in technology that would benefit the school and the learning of the students
• To ensure the school adheres to both GDPR and Kenyan data protection laws
• To identify staff training needs and to train staff to develop their digital literacy
• Attending appropriate meetings, representing the views of members of the department and keeping them fully informed of the proceedings.
• To develop, implement and monitor policies, procedures and standards for the use of ICT including acceptable use, e-safety, health and safety, asset disposal, e-mail, security and resource management.
• To work with the ICT Maintenance team to manage the installation, maintenance and upgrades of any hardware and software in the school.
• Develop computer science as a core part of the STEAM curriculum
• Map the use of ICT across the curriculum and implement an ICT strategy for the whole school
• To investigate suitable educational apps and purchase of the school devices.
LEADERSHIP OF THE SUBJECT
• Lead and enable the professional development of teachers including inset training as may be appropriate
• Supervising and supporting teachers as appropriate
• Leading the department towards achieving outstanding teaching and learning
• Developing strong partnerships and ensuring regular and productive communication with parents.
• Contribute to the range of co-curricular opportunities which support pupils’ interest in STEAM
TEACHING AND LEARNING
• Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons across key stages.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
• Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
• Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
• Participate in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations.
• Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
• Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
• Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
• Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
• Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students.
CURRICULUM SETTING AND ASSESMENT.
• Develop a syllabus and schemes of learning and pathway for all year groups that are inspiring for learners and teachers alike
• Monitor and assessment of teaching and learning
• Set reliable and valid assessments for the students
• Establish agreement for monitoring and evaluation of student progress
• Maintain accurate pupil data that can be used to make teaching more effective
• To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils.
• Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
• Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
• Be an effective form tutor.
• Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
• Attend team/staff meetings parent evenings and participate in open evenings.
• Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
• Work alongside the Deputy Head (Student Welfare) to ensure that the School’s E Safety Policy is up to date, compliant and implemented throughout the School
1. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
A commitment to and knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
Proven administrative and organisational skills
Must have at least 3 years’ experience in British Curriculum school
Teaching that is good or better which impacts positively on student progress at both IGCSE and A level standard .
A broad knowledge of Computing and ICT curriculum areas at different Key Stages including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
To be able to use ICT effectively.
3.PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES.
A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including PSHE.
A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
A corporate citizen involved in the school community and demonstrates Hillcrest’s philosophy and core values.
The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
Hillcrest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be subjected to mandatory child protection screening, including reference checks with past employers.
Hillcrest International Schools offers a 2-year renewable contract and competitive remuneration in an exciting working environment. Benefits include medical insurance, pension, flights at the start and end of contract (for expatriate staff) and discounted tuition fee for children of staff.
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17th Februar y 2020.
application letter detailing relevant experience and teaching philosophy detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees.
copies of academic and professional certificates, including teaching licence.
copy of passport bio-data page.
copy of passport photo.
latest copy of police clearance, DBS or equivalent
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more details about the position,kindly visit our website using the below link.