A tradition of quality in education
Dubai College is seeking to appoint an experienced, effective and creative Director of Digital Technology from April 2018. While independently minded Dubai College is very much part of the UAE and Dubai educational landscape and as a consequence the successful candidate will need to navigate the ambitious vision of the College alongside the UAE Vision 2021. In addition to their primary responsibility for the oversight, maintenance and development of all IT support services within the College, the successful applicant will be a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills who can work with both teaching and non-teaching staff in order to reduce workload and create efficiencies across the organisation.
It will be incumbent upon the Director of Technology & Innovation to develop further the school’s digital strategy in consultation with all major stakeholders. In the short term there will need to be a particular focus on effective, evidence-driven recommendations for the integration of digital technologies, activities and contexts into the classroom. Whatever we do as a College our strategy will keep learning first.
All applicants must have:
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Exceptional judgement
- The ability to communicate clearly and with integrity
- 10 years’ experience in a (Microsoft) technology environment
- At least 3 years leadership experience in an Education Technology environment that includes supervising both programming and systems administration teams
It would be an advantage if the applicant:
- has MCSE Certifications
- has a first degree in Computer Science
- is a Cisco Certified Network Associate
- has formal Education Management training
The strongest applicants will have:
- The ability to develop, articulate and secure buy-in to a clear vision for learning and technology integration
- The ability to offer innovative solutions to seemingly intractable problems
- Experience in setting clear metrics for success and achieving them
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website www.dubaicollege.org together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 30th December and interviews will be held from Sunday 14th - Tuesday 16th January 2018.