Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for our students. As a rapidly expanding school, we are seeking a well-qualified, experienced and dynamic Director of Design and Technology. Subjects delivered within the department include, design technology, engineering and food technology. Leadership across all of these subjects is a requirement.
First and foremost, we expect the post-holder to be an experienced, excellent classroom practitioner who has the ability to inspire students as well as other staff. As Director of Design and Technology we would be looking for a teaching specialism in DT in one or more of the following areas (product design, resistant materials, engineering). As a department leader within school we expect a commitment to the development of a collaborative and engaging curriculum; and support for other colleagues to ensure high standards are met. As part of a small Trust of schools’ you will be involved in the subject networks working with other like-minded colleagues in our other schools. We are looking for a January (or earlier) appointment.
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
• A fixed 8-week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
• As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
• Within the Trust we have a dedicated Teaching School and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer fantastic opportunities for our staff.
• All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for a pre-application discussion where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more. To arrange this please contact Sarah Young on the following e-mail, email@example.com.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form by e-mail to:
Mrs Sarah Young
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th September – 12.00pm
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Corby Technical School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years