Aldar EducationAldar Education, Abu Dhabi
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
Aldar Education is currently seeking a Director of Education to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our current education team supporting our British, US and IB curricula schools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Successful candidates will combine excellent track records of effective senior leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA or other international settings, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from Board level to parents, teachers and Principals. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the company are central to this role as is a good grasp of the commercial demands of a private education group.
The Director of Education will be responsible for a cohort of managed schools, and line manager to the relevant School Principals and so successful candidates require high level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across a network of schools. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with national education authorities and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of schools, the group as a whole and the wider education vision of the nation. A strong commercial awareness is essential.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Inspire and support direct reports in the delivery of high standards of student achievement, increased student progress, school inspection increases using available data to drive improvement.
• Support Leadership and other senior staff to shape the strategic direction, guiding the delivery of specified educational goals and directives.
• Provide quality assurance of all strategic documents such as schools strategic improvement/development plans and self-evaluations, taking appropriate action as required.
• Lead in the effective implementation (and ongoing review) of learning and assessment frameworks that use benchmarking and value-add data, to monitor and report student progress and achievement.
• Quality assure curriculum offers and champion new educational thinking and educational initiatives in conjunction with the Senior Executive team and schools.
• Support Principals in the most appropriate educational strategies ensuring equity of educational outcomes to enrich the school as a learning environment for its students, families and the wider community.
• To provide effective, innovative and professional leadership and direction for Principals and other staff coaching, mentoring and talent managing to achieve the best outcomes for children.
• Provide support and guidance to the in relation to inspection planning, preparation and quality assuring the SEF.
• Promote and represent the company effectively and positively to all internal and external stakeholders and seek opportunities to expand its role across the UAE and globally.
• Represent the company at school functions, interacting with parents in a professional and collaborative manner to build trust in the company and strong community relations.
• Develop strong relationships with education authorities and other government entities in order to establish and maintain a positive reputation that enhances the company’s standing.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with other members of the Executive Leadership Team and other colleagues at HQ to ensure a positive and collegial working environment that enables the company’s goals to be met.
People Responsibilities, Leadership & Management
• Support the leadership teams and schools to draft, deliver and update relevant plans as required and undertake monitoring, evaluation and reporting of progress.
• Connect and share good practice within and across the school network to raise standards.
• Identify and implement strategies to raise standards of teaching and learning, including the creation of experts to support recommendations.
• Plan and deliver effective training and development programmes which meet identified needs within the schools.
• Support appropriate staff in the development and implementation of strategic planning and ensure, regular reviews and monitors the strategic plan and targets in each of the schools.
• Communicate and broker, where necessary, Leadership/Principal professional development opportunities, ensuring processes are in place to share successful improvement strategies and best practice and promoting the use of technology for virtual communication where appropriate.
• Lead Professional dialogues and appraisal for Principals and/or other staff where appropriate and identify appropriate educational development.
• Encourage the collaboration across schools, creating communities of professional learning and networks focused on key areas of school improvement, new educational initiatives and development.
• Prior experience as a whole-School Principal is essential
• Experience of managing and leading a cohort of Schools, and line managing School Principals is desirable
• BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE or other teacher qualification is essential
• NPQH or Masters in Education desirable
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to understand and experience of overseeing the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school group is essential
What we offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 20,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and education allowances. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent via TES portal
Long-listed candidates will have an initial interview by telephone or via video interview (Teams/Skype/Zoom). Shortlisted candidates may be invited to Abu Dhabi for final interviews and selection process, or via video interview if social distancing and safety measures remain in place.
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.